"Enlisting [TakeRoot]for this opportunity as a facilitator and presenter for Rice University’s Jones School MBA Mentor Training was the absolute best decision. The feedback from our students was overwhelmingly positive and I attribute this to Judy’s expertise and her thoughtful and dynamic presentation style as a facilitator and her planning that went into the program beforehand...she delivered above and beyond my expectations."
- Michelle, Associate Director, Jones Graduate School of Business
SAMPLE WORKSHOP TOPICS
- Purpose to Impact
- DiSC personal style assessment: how to work with others
- StrengthFinders assessment: leverage your talents
- Risk-taking: Stepping outside your comfort zone & overcoming failure
- Creativity and Leadership
- Networking: authentic relationship building
- Authentic Leadership: values-driven approach
- Change Leadership: overcoming challenges
- Effective communication and team building
- Building a Mentoring Culture: best practices for mentors and mentees
- Leading Without Authority: Influencing beyond your job title
- Best practices for job interviews
- Best practices for resume and cover letter writing
- Professional Etiquette
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leading and Managing Up
"She is not only a coach but a facilitator who understands how to transcend the empty platitudes so often associated with ‘leadership’ and ‘networking’ and turn them into actionable lessons. Things that Judy taught me have a timeless relevance, and I hope she keeps sharing her expertise!"
- Graham W., Communications Associate, Truman National Security Project
Coaching is synonymous to change. The coaching process is a partnership that challenges clients to uncover potential, values, and talents to achieve goals and overcome barriers. Coaches are future-focused with clients who have a strong desire for growth. Coaching is a highly effective process to develop tools and skills for boosting performance or gaining clarity around career fulfillment.
REASONS FOR INDIVIDUAL COACHING
Individuals seek coaching from us for a variety of reasons. We've worked with emerging professionals who are eager to increase their leadership capacities to excel in their jobs and influence without authority. We've worked with managers who want to increase their abilities to lead their teams and shape their organization. Some senior managers ask us to work with young talent to build their skills. We've helped millennials overcome phases in their lives when they felt stuck or unsure, looking for ways they can find passion and purpose. We've also helped individuals write resumes and cover letters, and prepare for interviews so they can set themselves apart from the rest.
Our team of professional coaches has a wealth of leadership experiences ranging from professional sports, non-profit, entrepreneurship, higher education, and business and finance. We excel at bridging the gap between the classroom and the real world, and developing transition management plans for those who have started new phases in their lives, and those who are aiming to accelerate their career progression through fulfilling work.
Call us for a complimentary exploratory conversation about coaching.